- Cracking Down on Porch Pirates with Remote Surveillance Systems - July 18, 2022
- Keyless Entry for Kentucky Businesses - July 6, 2022
- Security Cameras for Loitering Detection - June 15, 2022
Be straightforward about guest invitations.
Allowing your employees to invite a guest is a nice gesture, and you’re more likely to get good attendance by doing this. However, a commitment to security means being straightforward about guest invitations. You may wish to tell employees that guest invitations are only for immediate family, such as:
- Spouses or significant others.
- Their own children.
- Elderly parents they care for.
By being straightforward about your wishes for guest invitations, you can boost the security of your company picnic or employee appreciation event.
Be serious about intoxicating substances.
No matter where your party or picnic is being held, setting ground rules for alcohol and other intoxicating substances should be taken seriously. Guests who are under the influence of alcohol, cannabis or another substance are both security risks and legal liabilities. There are many ways to manage this, such as:
- Hiring a bartender or appointing a trusted employee to serve.
- Using the drink ticket service model, issuing no more than 2 tickets per person.
- Giving a manager the task of monitoring alcohol consumption.
- Avoiding alcohol service altogether.
- Strictly prohibiting cannabis use at the event.
If you’re tempted to bend on company-sanctioned consumption, don’t. There are many reasons it’s bad for your business.
Be smart about managing building access.
Spreading out the event throughout your property is a security risk, whether employees are bringing guests or not. Instead, hold it in one designated area. These additional security technologies may help you have a safer event, and they can help you secure your business all year round:
- Video surveillance monitoring restricted entryways.
- Access control guarding workrooms, storage rooms and executive suites.
- License plate ID service identifying any vehicles not permitted to be onsite.
An employee appreciation event is a wonderful tradition for any business. This summer, make sure you throw the safest one possible. To learn more about products and services that can help, call Modern Systems today. We will be happy to assist you.
About Modern Systems Inc.
Since 1979, Modern Systems Inc. has been serving Kentucky and surrounding states with affordable home security systems, home theater, camera systems, security and fire alarms for businesses, access control and more. We currently have offices in Somerset, Lexington and Bowling Green and are truly a one-stop shop for all your technology needs.