Careers At Modern Systems
Since 1979, Modern Systems Inc. has been serving Kentucky and surrounding states with affordable home security systems, home theater, camera systems, security and fire alarms for businesses, access control and more.
Modern Systems Will Open Doors For You
We are always looking for qualified applicants to fill positions and will be given equal considerations in accordance with your qualifications, and local, state and federal guidelines.
We are always looking for qualified applicants for the following positions:
Modern Systems is seeking entry level and experienced Service & Installation technician’s to fill several open positions as our company experiences growth in our Somerset, Bowling Green, and Lexington locations.
These positions entail Installation, Service, and Maintenance of customer’s security equipment including alarm systems, video surveillance, card access, fire systems, and other related low voltage systems. The qualified candidate will have very strong communication skills and possess a customer-centric focus. Candidate will be responsible for installation, upgrading, service, and maintenance of video surveillance, alarm systems, and other related low voltage systems. This position is full time.
- Installation, programming of security, fire alarm systems, video & related systems
- Daily hands-on field interaction with customers at the site level and some smaller customer care levels
- Working directly in the field, on the most efficient way to solve service issues
- Customer Training as needed
- Troubleshooting service issues remotely and on-site, if needed
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times
- Entry level positions offer on the job training. More senior positions require industry experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a clean criminal and driving record, ability to pass a background check
Special Skills Needed for Lead Service or Lead Installer position.
- Understanding and experience with alarm systems
- Fire Systems, Security Systems, IP Cameras, and Access Control Experience
- Previous experience within the low voltage industry
- Ability to climb a ladder and handle equipment and tools while on a ladder
- Maintain industry certifications and licenses as required
- Computer knowledge (LAN/WAN) preferred (If required)
- Senseof urgency, self-motivated
- Dependable problem solver
- Lead by example
- Differing work hours
- Ability to lift 40lbs up to 10 times a day
- Outdoor work (all seasons) required
Closing & Compensations
Modern Systems offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include Health, Retirement, Paid Vacations, all major Holidays paid, and Opportunity for Career Growth. Please apply by submitting your resume and compensation requirements!
If you are a bright competitive individual with a disciplined work ethic and the drive to succeed, join Modern Systems, Inc.'s residential and commercial sales team working in Lexington and surrounding areas.
Openings are available for entry-level and seasoned sales executives with a solid work ethic and proven record.
We offer base salary plus commission, health insurance, retirement plan, company car or auto allowance, and PTO.
- High school degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to get in front of busy business owners and hold their attention.
- You should have experience with B2B technology sales, preferably in a field related to security, surveillance, or IT.
- You must be a “hunter” and have experience introducing new concepts to potential leads.
- Self-generate new sales opportunities utilizing creative lead-generating techniques, including attending after-hours business events.
- Presenting sales proposals to prospects and identifying positive features and advantages of leading-edge security products and services.
- Responsible for prospecting new builder accounts.
- Discuss options to include the design of our builder product line to include electronic audio-video systems, security, life safety, and video surveillance.
- Must Commit to learning about a wide array of security solutions, including the role of each component and how to design solutions to meet the customer's needs.