Making Your House More Energy Efficient Helps The Environment and Your WalletLeave a Comment
Do something good for your family, your pocketbook, and the environment. Make your home a little greener. A few simple changes in your house can go a long way to lower high energy bills and protect the environment. To be green, you’ve got to be efficient. Here are a few ways Modern Systems can help make your home a little greener.
- Compact Flourescent Light Bulbs use 66% less energy than a standard incodescent bulb and last up to ten time longer.
- Making sure your lights are turned off when not in use can cut back on your energy costs.
- Having a Lynx Touch security system from Modern Systems with Total Connect can help you. With lighting control, you can control your lighting from anywhere using a PC, smartphone or tablet.
2. Heating and Cooling
- Almost half of a home’s energy consumption is due to heating and cooling.
- Each degree below 68 F during colder weather saves 3%-5% more heating energy, while keeping it at 78 F in warmer weather will save you energy and money.
- Modern Systems’ Lynx Touch with Total Connect gives you the ability to adjust your thermostat from anywhere. When you are at work or away, simply adjust the temperature to 68 F in colder weather and 78 F in warmer weather. Before you arrive home, set it back to a temperature you feel comfortable in. By the time you arrive home, the temperature will be exactly what is most comforable to you.
- Electronics left on can make the meter run up just as much as your lights. Control4 can help with that. Not only does Control4 allow you to control lighting and thermostat like the Lynx Touch, it also enables you to control virtually any appliance in your home.
- Make sure all TVs, radios, and other electronics are all turned off from anywhere you are.
- Adjust the thermostat and turn on ceiling fans to maintain a cool temperature in your house while you are away.
For more information on how Modern Systems can make your house a greener, more energy effiecient Smart Home, give us a call. 1-800-252-7664
The Power of Home Automation and Security
The Best Apps for Crime Statistics and Home Security
Home Security Systems: Should I Have One?
Home Theaters and Smart Homes
What Is Home Automation and What Can It Do For Me?
Video Intercom System for Home or Business
The Ultimate for Any Man Cave